Monday 6 June 2016

Personal: Why Chris Evans is wrong for the job - TOP GEAR

I grew up watching Top Gear, that car show.   Originally it was about the facts and zero entertainment value.  Was essentially watched by car nuts and no one else.  Then it was revamped in to fact show with entertainment appetite.

Since then the show focused more on entertainment while still providing some facts along the way.  It gave us 3 great presenters that we could all relate to.  The political incorrect Jeremy Clarkson, normal short radio show host and captain slow who is dedicated to intricate details.

Now I not going to debate the assault, I leave that up to the lawyers.

What I will debate is giving Chris Evans the lead to one of the most popular shows in the Country - Top Gear.

Chris Evans 
I have never really liked Chris on a normal day now presents the last show on the BBC that I watch.  People accused Jeremy of being ignorant and arrogant but the thing is - he did so in a funny way where you can't take him serious.  He's a bit like that Uncle who you can't hate because of it.   Chris Evans humour level which I have always questioned now is being forced.  He's that relative no one wants to see even on Christmas day.  The one no one invites but turns up.  No one wants to talk to him but he will insist on chatting away even if people were trying to sleep.

Sorry Chris - I think you need to go.  This ship is sinking before it set sail and every week that passes he becomes no different and people should not be just tolerating him.

The show it self is not so bad nor are the other presenters but Chris - needs to go.

Looking at twitter, the press and Facebook it's all the same conclusion.  It seems about 1/10 can tolerate Chris and now the ratings have slump.  I assume everyone has seen the tweet where Chris celebrated the ratings announcement - in response to social media and the press.  Now the same Chris refuses to accept the recent ratings announcement claiming the times have changed.

Thing is, I have not even bothered at all with Top Gear during Sunday evening.  Even though I had to see Top Gear, I couldn't miss an episode.  Now though I really can't be bothered to watch it, every moment Chris is on the screen it feels like the BBC didn't care who they chose for this job as long as he loves cars.  It really doesn't matter how you compare the selection, the fact is people didn't love Chris before and they sure as hell will not like him now.

I personally see Chris being removed at the end of this series and perhaps the lead role given to Matt, who seems much popular by choice.  And just to make it clear I never wanted Chris for this role and I said from day one that Matt is perfect.  Chris comes across as that guy who is not happy with his own life, like he is still going through the mid life crises and has been ever since he got together with a certain Piper.

#EvansOut

No comments:

Post a Comment