Wednesday 4 May 2016

When you have a boss that gives a damn

Not surprised by the apologetic sympathy and omission of having the last minute call for help to setup some equipment for a presentation.


Something I was greatly appreciative of is the fact that the boss apologised (quite heavily) over the last minute dash.  Not for the first time I might add, the Head Teacher really seems to feel for us Techies/Support Staff.


Just goes to show it's not the last minute jobs that are the problem but perhaps those who offer no sympathy or attempt to blame us for not doing it.  The session wasn't in our calendar which we bombard quickly for any events which means we didn't know about it.  Just goes to show if you have a boss that actually is kind towards you - it can make your day a whole lot better.  Especially when it is the boss who runs the School.


So today this Head Teacher has my gratitude.  Which also adds fuel to the fire that I enjoy going that extra mile for some one who runs the School and actually cares about us Support Staff.  Although our boss is not the first one in my life to be the kind of Head Teacher you enjoyed working for.  I've had my fair share of bad ones but for any Teachers that read this and one day become Head's just remember us Support Staff.


Don't agree? Suffer the same? don't be afraid to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment